Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 192: The Day of Many Last Times


I didn't get in until quite late last night, so this morning was a little rough. The Kid slept in a bit but got up earlier than he has been. I was a walking zombie and knew it was going to be a rough day. The middle kids came home around noon and the loads of laundry began. They have been in the state now for 2 months and are leaving in 2 days for the rest of the summer. That means everything has to be washed and repacked today. Since there is no dryer, this complicates matters for me. Also, we only do laundry at specific times of day when the electricity costs are at their lowest. That leaves a 3 hour window to do as much laundry as possible. Not to mention it’s my last day so I was hoping to wash sheets and towels and what not. I also had to finish packing and clean my room and bathroom. Since it was a gorgeous day, I also had to take the Kid to the pool one last time.  Hectic, to say the least.

The Kid started drawing and painting class today, which gave me a short break to take care of some of my chores. Since the older kids were all home though, I wasn’t as productive as I’d hoped to be. The 15 year old helped me with the laundry, which was great, but I was still falling behind. I had to pack so my room would be empty enough to clean and vacuum, but there were just so many little things, or things I might need in the next 24 hours. I got the Kid and let him be entertained with his brother for awhile before dragging him to the pool. For some reason, he just did not want to go. The Mom told me that all day yesterday however, he kept asking to go with me. He makes no sense. I compromised by going after dinner, so we could overlap with his Mom. I did my last set of dishes and read to him one last time. We all made sure we knew the plan for the morning, and off to bed I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment