Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 33: or The Day I Booked My Flight To Ireland

I was pleasantly surprised to find myself with good weather today. It was rainy and foggy all morning but right before lunch, the sun started to show and by early afternoon all the clouds were gone and it was beautiful. Also, being that it got above freezing, I wasn't miserable outside. I can't believe I was comfortable in 34' weather, but I was. Amazing.


We made a carrot cake today. The Kid likes to help me bake, so it is a good Wednesday afternoon activity. The only problem is he gets upset when I do things differently. I try to explain that it will all taste the same, and sometimes that works. Sometimes it doesn't and I want to pull my hair out, but oh well. Also,  he says "stupid" when he means "silly". Or at least I think so. He uses it in reference to cartoon characters (Kung Fu Panda), and myself. He is usually laughing, and I know he doesn't mean it, but I keep telling him to change his word usage. I'll feel pretty good when I can get him to break that habit.


I spent all evening planning my first European weekend. I spoke with the parents about my plans, and they were very nice and flexible. I would like to book my weekends far in advance to save on cost but I may be needed on a Saturday night, so I got the go ahead to book through March. I bought a flight to Belfast for the end of February, and will spend one night there and one night in Dublin. I already bought the train ticket to Dublin and it was actually more cost efficient than just a flight straight there. I think the train ride will be nice, give me a chance to see the country a bit. I have done little to no research but am quite excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment