Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 53: or The Day I Got An Extra Hour of Sleep

I got to sleep in today, almost until 8:30. I find it amazing that these kids pop up before 9:00, sometimes 8:00, when they don't have to. The morning was another slow one, the kids each coming into the kitchen to get breakfast, then back upstairs to whatever it is they do all day. I was able to get the Kid into a pottery class for a couple of hours each day. The class was full, but he's a pretty cute kid, so we just went down to the school and asked if there was any way for just one more. Voila, he's in.


He has been speaking French a lot more with me than before the vacation. Apparently, when with his extended French speaking family, he loses the English habit quickly. I keep having to tell him to speak English. When I understand his French though, I don't always notice and he can be speaking French a little too often. I have to snap him out of it.


The only other "eventful" thing that happened was the radiators not working. I've never lived in a house with radiators. Haven't really needed them, obviously. But when those heaters go out, the kitchen becomes an ice box. When it happens, it is all the ground floor radiators. My room, being on the ground floor, is also affected. I keep my radiator on high and pray that by the time I go to sleep, my feet aren't still frozen. I can handle the cold weather outdoors. Bundle up appropriately and you'll be fine. But being cold inside is just plain uncomfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment