Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 47: or The Day I Started Lonesome Dove, Again

When I started this week, I was reading Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, finally, but I knew it wouldn't make it all week. I looked in my room and decided that over 800 pages of Texas should keep me entertained. I had no idea what my days would be filled with while here. All I knew was that if nothing else, I would have enough to read. Of course, when the girls ask about the book, I can't help but try and convince them to read it. I have 4 more months to accomplish the task.

I skied early today and came home and turned in my skis. The first 2 days were great weather and I was really happy to be back skiing after so long. Today was snowy and you couldn't see where the mountain stopped and the sky started. Makes skiing difficult. I really enjoy skiing but I've figured out I am definitely a fair weather fan, and I’m ok with that. After I walked around the village, I came home to find everyone was back. The daily ritual of snack, shower, reading/games, dinner, dishes, more reading happened.  We leave in 2 days and it’s back to the real world. I’m not sure what I’ll do while I’m still here but I’ll try to make the most of it. Weather permitting.

Itunes just decided to play Clarence Carter’s “Patches”.  I know he grew up down in Alabama, but it makes me think of Texas, so I guess that’s the theme of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment