Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 35: or The Day I Got To Sleep In, a Bit

Some days, I wake up and get the nice surprise that the parents are taking the Kid to school. It happens maybe once a week, but I'm never given any notice. But last night the dad informed me and I was able to sleep in an extra hour and it was glorious. I did wake up at the usual time, but my powers of sleep kicked in and it was back to dream land for me. I know so many people that complain about sleep. Not being able to stay awake, or not being able to sleep past 6. I'm not saying it'll never happen, but right now I could get a medal in sleeping. I don't do much of it seeing as how I get up early during the week for work, and I get up early on the weekend for fun. But given the opportunity, I could just sleep and sleep and sleep. I think I love it more than food.


After my late morning, I rode the train in to Saint Germain and met another au pair. Our mutual friend is leaving in 2 weeks so she thought she would introduce us so we could see each other after she's gone. We went to a panini shop and strolled about town. We went into a couple of shops and they bought knick knacks but I stayed away. Pretty impressed with my will power? Don't be. Our next stop was a little bakery where I bought a piece of cake. Man, was it good. WE walked it off by way of the train station where we rode home just in time to pick the children up from school.


I made couscous for dinner for the first time. That is one easy grain. It was a leftovers smorgasbord as far as other dishes went. We had plenty of food but because the parents were having people over, the kitchen started to smell delicious and the kids an I all ended up back there. I had some toast and cheese and had to get out of there before I started in out the sweets. I haven't had a real snacking crave since I've been here, but tonight just needed to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment