Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 62: or The Day of Cupcakes and Frosting

Today, the 12 year old became the 13 year old and we had cupcakes in celebration. I made a butter frosting that was tasty but turned out pink rather than the requested red. For dinner we had pasta and veggies. One of the girls always has to comment on the food. She does it with her mom's cooking too, so I don't take it personally. She just has a way of letting you know what she would do differently. It's not always negative, but it has a way of annoying me.


It has gotten chilly here again. All I can think about is the time when I go out without a coat, scarf and pair of gloves. The days are getting longer and it isn't dark until almost 7:00. It's also light when I get up, which is a huge improvement. Mentally, getting up in the dark is grueling. My body just can't adjust. At home, March means warmth is coming and crawfish boils are starting. Here not so much, but I do appreciate the slight changes. Some of the plants are beginning to show life again, so I'm hopeful that soon it will look like the spring I've heard so much about.

No comments:

Post a Comment