Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 84: or The Day I Got New Shutters

Today, being Friday, is my free day. I have no class in the morning and no Kid home for lunch in the afternoon. I decided to go into town, at least for a couple of hours. I managed to catch the free shuttle to and from the station which basically made my day all on its own. My destination was La Defense and I walked around, had lunch, saw a band playing on the plaza. It wasn't the prettiest of days, but it was wonderfully warm, a good 68' I think. 


I made it back to the house in time to pick up the Kid and we played around and "admired" our new shutters. Half of them didn't work. Thankfully, mine did so I'm not too put out. I debated going out for the evening but decided on wine at home instead. It is way too easy to be unsocial here. Don't get me wrong, I've met a ton of people, and everyone has been super friendly. But no one goes to each other's houses and we don't live close by, so staying holed up can be pretty tempting. Plus there's the money issue. Basically, you convince yourself you're being responsible and thrifty, when really it's laziness. But then again, who doesn't love a lazy a night at home every once in a while?

No comments:

Post a Comment