Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 74: or The First Day My Legs Saw The Sun

Today was a good day. I purchased my plane tickets for April break and it's all beginning to feel real. Three and a half weeks from now and I'll be in Spain, followed by a week in Greece. I couldn't be more excited. I also can't believe we're already half way though March. I feel like I've been here for longer than two and a half months,, but at the same time, I can't believe I'm almost halfway through my time here.


Today almost reached 70', so I thought it about time to go outside in a skirt. Last summer, I didn't wear jeans from mid-May through August. Babysitting and swim lessons allow for a fairly lax dress code and I just didn't wear jeans. Shorts, skirts, and dresses were all I could stand in the heat. That seems like another world now. I'm anxiously awaiting the heat while at the same time trying to savor the "real" spring. Flowers and beginning to bloom and the greenery is coming. I've never seen this place any way but dead, and it's amazing what a little color will do to people's spirits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment