Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 76: or The Day I Cleaned My Room

The weather has been so nice lately, that when we walked outside and were greeted by a chill, the Kid stopped and said "oh, but I thought it would be warm". He's getting spoiled because a month ago I would have complained and he would have said it's not really cold.


I spent the day getting ready for my trip by cleaning my room. We are having the windows replaced next week, meaning someone besides me will go in my room. I felt that warranted a little spring cleaning. Most of you know of my inability to keep a room tidy. As much as I try (when I try), it only lasts a week at most. Then one day I look, and it's in shambles again. And you know that great feeling you get from a clean room? I love that feeling, so what is it about me that makes me the worst at keeping things in order? I really hope it's just a phase.


After the cleaning, the day went smoothly and the routine was accompished. Being St. Patrick's Day, I was planning on going to the Pub, but ended up staying in, the responsible choice. Besides saving money, I have to get up early tomorrow, and make the trek into the city to make my train. I also needed to finish packing. 


One random thought, ice cubes. I'm not sure how many of you known this fact, but they don't serve ice in their drinks. I had to dig in the second freezer in the house just to find an ice tray. At home, I drink my Coke ice cold, room temperature just isn't worth drinking. Here, I drink room temp all the time. Granted, the room temperature is a good 20' colder. Slight exageration maybe, I really have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment