Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 66: or The Day The Kid Asked For Me Over The Mom

Another gorgeous day on this side of the pond. I walked a great deal outside today, just running errands. It's amazing how a daunting task one day can be so lovely the next. I also had class today. Today was a day that made me feel like I do in fact know some French. The only problem is I walk out the door and what I just learned walks out of my head. My comprehension has most definitely improved while here but I still can't manage to not freeze up when speaking. Everyone says that will pass and I pray it does but right now I'm a little frustrated. 


We run out of cookies for the after school snack so we decided to make some. I made a sugar cookie dough and divided into 4 portions for food coloring. We then used cookie cutters and I made one for everyone's first initial. The Kid sat with me in the kitchen all night. By the time his Mom got home he requested that I put him to bed. I have a feeling he just knows I'm a bigger pushover than her, but I took it as a good sign. I'm not sure how much she appreciated it, but hopefully she just looked at it as proof that she has a good au pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment