Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 87: or The Day We Fought About Vegetables

I realize that almost all kids say they hate vegetables. I know it's not something I alone have to deal with. When you are a babysitter, you usually get to order pizza. It's a special occasion. When you're an au pair, you're in charge of vegetable distribution. It is a painful process. The Kid has a habit of eating without complaint at lunch, but when dinner comes around and his siblings are home, he fights over every bite. And of course what he does and does not like seems to change on a weekly basis. Tonight was not different. Carrots were the culprit. There was yelling, there were tears, even some choking. We are now on a strict, veggies first, then protein regiment. Throw in the added threat of no T.V. or movies. We'll see how it goes.

When I wasn't herding cats, I enjoyed lunch outside and a nice quiet day with the house to myself. After a week of sawing and drilling and random people walking through the house, it was nice to be back to normal. The cherry tree in the backyard has started to bloom which adds a much needed bit of life to the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment