Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 68: or The Day I Realized I Don't Get Sick Days

I woke up with a mild sore throat. Nothing too bad but it made me realize that if I was really sick, there's nothing I could do about it. My job is obviously still doable when I'm under the weather, but it does make the little things a little harder.


I came home with the Kid at lunch and found 2 of the kids sitting on the stoop. I realized that lunch just became a lot more complicated. I made fish and pasta which always goes over well and then the kids headed upstairs. I was thankful that the 13 year old had come home because the Kid follows him around and is always asking to play. During the afternoon I did manage to pull the Kid away and take him down to the tennis courts. They are at the end of our street and just for the neighborhood. We played for an hour and he didn't want to leave. He isn't exactly a natural, but he got better the more he tried and I think it will be a good thing for us to do when the weather is nicer. I always liked tennis as a workout because I've always been drawn to games. Any activity that masks the actual exercise is my kinda workout. 


Everyone made it home for dinner and we had meat and potatoes and green beans. I like knowing the kids are going to eat what I make without complaint. Some dishes aren't so fool proof. After dinner I was invited out with the other au pairs and even offered a ride. How could I turn it down? It was nice to get out for a bit during the week and w had a nice time at the local bar. I'm starting to feel like part of the group which is nice and am happy that these people are my cohorts. Being the new kid was a little difficult but I think I got through it unscathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment