Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 16: or The Day I Tried Driving

I can drive a stick shift. It may not be perfect, but I know the general notion. But not here. Because of the hills, the driving seems to be more than difficult. And having the owner of the car sitting next to you, seemingly freaking out, does not help. I'm not going to give many details. It went fine. I was able to drive, but I'm not sure how much I'm going to want to.


I went into Saint Germain to meet another au pair. She was a girl I had just emailed with and she invited me to have coffee with some friends. She had been here awhile, so she seems to have a pretty large system of friends. We sat at a cafe for a couple of hours and I made plans to get together later in the week. 


It was a quite Sunday, restful and what not. I feel like the days are longer here. I'm not sure what it is because I am having a great time, but I can't believe I've only been here 2 weeks. I'm sure at the end though, it will seem like it flew by. 

1 comment:

  1. Caitlin, I'm really enjoying your blog. We miss you and are glad you are doing so well. Keep the stories coming!
    Love, Aunt Denise

    ReplyDelete