Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 31: or The Day I Almost Got The Rice Right

Trying not to hibernate is a daily fight around here. Today was the coldest day so far. But I bought a new hat this weekend, so I was able to manage without my ears freezing off.

I taught the Kid Uno today. It's a little simple being that there's only two players, and I kinda know all his cards, but he seemed to enjoy it. It also kept him from begging for a movie. He's not supposed to watch them everyday, so everyday is fight about what after school activity we're going to do. And then I feel bad because when I have to start cooking, it would be much simpler to let him watch a bit, but rules are rules. 

Speaking of dinner, I tried rice for the third time. Pain in the butt. I didn't over cook it, but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. We were having lentils, so she didn't want sticky rice, which is apparently my default setting. I didn't get any comments, so who know. At least I'm getting closer. 

After dinner, I started research on my trip to Spain in April. I have no idea what we're going to do, but I plan on making the most of my week there, and they say preparation helps. 

1 comment:

  1. SPAIN! There are three necessaries:1) Bilboa for the world's greatest museum. 2)Barcelona, one of the world's great cities with an extraordinary cathedral and 3) Madrid for the Prado Museum
    So skiing in the Alps is about to happen. Do you know where you will be skiing? Switzerland, Italy or Austria? Skiing in Europe is very different. They have sunny restaurants up at the top! You should have a very good time. All your cousins, aunts and uncles are goig to Maine for February18,19,20,21Presidents Weekend. I'm going,too.Grandma

    ReplyDelete