Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20: or The Day My Brother Turned 23

Happy Birthday Little Brother, you are getting seriously old.

I started my day with my French class, that has gotten progressively harder. I think I must have come during an easy section, because instead of remembering things I've already learned, I feel like I am in totally new territory. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not as relaxing a class as I would have hoped. I met another au pair, from the San Fransisco area. Everyone asked about Darcy, and I was able to stay composed, so that's a good sign.

It was a beautiful day today, but just a wee bit too cold to spend any real time outside. I would have gone on a run, but my foot hasn't completely heeled. It's a shame really, because with all this free time, I could be getting in pretty good shape. I think I may take the bike out tomorrow though, weather permitting.

For dinner I made a bolognese  sauce and spaghetti. They only had diced tomatoes, so it was runnier than I would have liked. I think it turned out well though. I used salt and pepper, because let's be honest, food just isn't nearly as good without it. But I have to be careful not to make it too spicy, or they won't eat it. But I got no complaints

No comments:

Post a Comment