Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 30: or The Day I Tried French Fast Food

I woke up at a decent hour this morning and headed into Paris for some shopping. This was necessary shopping for my trip to the Alps in two weeks, but I also wanted to check out the area around the mall. La Défense is the business district of Paris and it has skyscrapers and glass buildings and  is very un-Paris. But it does have the Grande Arche, which is absolutely massive. I forgot my camera,so I will add pictures next time, but this thing is impressive. The pictures don't even do it justice. Pretty cool.


While shopping, we decided to grab a bite and chose Quick Burger. Now, it's not like I'm eating at McDonald's, and I wasn't on the streets of Paris, so I feel like this was an acceptable meal. I was in a mall food court, there wasn't that many gourmet options. And I just wanted to see how they fared. They weren't bad. It was just your normal fast food burger, and I ate the fries with mayonnaise. Well, I tried the the mayonnaise, it's different here than in the states, so it's not what you'd expect.


After shopping, we went into Paris Center and walked around the Louvre. We didn't have time to go in, so we just looked at the building itself. It's really quite amazing. I've been there before, and I know it's a Palace, but when you're walking through the courtyard, the size is overwhelming. 


We made it home in time for dinner. It was a shorter day, but a good one. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your blog and hearing about all of your days. Did you get anything while you were shopping? It sounds like you're having fun and getting to do and see lots of things. :)
    ps could you send me your phone number? i can't find the paper I wrote it on anywhere. xox anne

    ReplyDelete