Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 18: or The Day I Made Pizza

Today was the Kid's birthday, which in a way made my life easier. Instead of feeling guilty when I gave him a little extra time, or one more cookie, I could tell myself, "hey, it's his birthday, give yourself a break". Worked pretty well too. It's amazing how much more agreeable kids are when you don't tell them no as much.


It was another grey day. I stayed indoors and did some laundry and other around the house things. For dinner we had homemade pizza. She made the dough last night, so I rolled it out and covered it with cheese and ham. Turned out pretty darn good. She told me that if they liked it I should have about half of a pizza left, out of the 2 I was to make. I ended up with a little less than half, so I would say I was a successful pizza maker.


Today was a hard day though because of Darcy. Since she hasn't come home, I'm trying to grasp the fact that she is gone. I just can't believe it though. I've had her for over half my life, and in the last year, I have tried to come to terms that she would be gone soon. But the fact that she just disappeared makes it harder. I know I already said my good byes to her, but seeing her on skype while my dad held her up was fairly comforting. She seemed to be doing a little better. The family here is trying to understand. I can't seem to keep it together for very long though, something about my Kuykendall genes I guess. For the first time since I've been here I want to be home. I know it would make me miss her more, but I miss my baby girl, and I want to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment