Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17: or The Day I Baked Some Cookies

Today was an easy day. The mom took the Kid to school so my morning wasn't stressful. The only thing on the agenda was to make some cookies. The Kid's birthday is tomorrow, so for school he wanted to bring chocolate chip cookies. I feel fairly confident in my baking, but like I've said before, the ingredients I need are not always what I have. For instance, they don't have brown sugar. No big deal, just have to use white. They also don't have chocolate chips, so you have to take chocolate bars and cut them into ship size pieces. I made the dough early in the day so that if they didn't come out, I would be able to make a second batch, but they seemed pretty good. It was nice to be able to do something well and prove I'm not a total hack in the kitchen.


As I look back on the day, I can't seem to think of anything else that happened. I believe I am getting into a pretty good routine, but it does make for less interesting blog posts. I also think I'm pretty distracted by Darcy. She somehow got lost today. Seeing how she has never not come home before, I think it's a pretty good sign that she just doesn't know where she is. I hope she comes home soon. I know I won't be able to see her, but it would make me feel a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment