Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 21: or The Day I Almost Froze

The family decided to celebrate the Kid's birthday on Friday instead of his real birthday, so I made a chocolate cake, which was pretty darn tasty, seeing as how I was inventive with the ingredients. We had quiche and salad, and the my present was liked, so that hurdle is crossed. I've only known the kid for 3 weeks, but seeing how he is 6, a present was still required. 


One of the other au pairs called and invited me to go out with them, in Paris. I hadn't done it yet and was pretty excited, all except for the freezing temperatures that is. And the walking. The club we were going to was apparently pretty up there in the social chain, and you must dress accordingly for these events. So heels were a must, and by the end of the night, I couldn't feel my feet. Bummer. When leaving the club, I was fine, the cold air felt good. But during the 40 minute wait for the bus, I adjusted to how cold it actually was. I'm not comparing this to Seal Team Hell Week or anything, but I was cold daddy cold. It was brutal. It was a fun night though, and I was happy to experience it. The club was on the Champs Elysees I got to meet some new au pairs, so the experience was fun. But I've decided I just don't enjoy it like I used to. I'm getting old. I like meeting people for a beer or a coffee, and I enjoy being social and getting to know new people, but staying out till all hours is no longer my scene.


I did end the night with a pretty good view however...

No comments:

Post a Comment